Pontoon card game probably ranks as one of the easiest and most fun games to play on W88 bookie. Anyone aged ten years or older can grasp the rules and how to play Pontoon after reading the instructions below. Pontoon is the British version of blackjack, with the object of the game also being to create a hand with a total close to 21 without going over 21 as well as beating the dealer’s score.
What is Pontoon?
Pontoon is a popular card game in the United Kingdom, also known as Spanish 21 and Blackjack. It is played with a standard deck of 52 cards, and the goal is to beat the dealer by having a hand closer to 21 than the dealer without going bust.
Pontoon is similar to Blackjack in many ways, but there are a few key differences. In Pontoon, an Ace is worth 11 or 1, depending on which benefits the player more. Additionally, Pontoon players have the option to “twist” their hand, which means drawing a third card. However, if the player’s hand total is 10 or less, they must twist.
Another key difference is that Pontoon players can win even if they don’t have a hand closer to 21 than the dealer. For example, if the dealer goes bust, the player automatically wins. Additionally, if the player’s hand total is higher than the dealer’s hand total, the player wins, even if they have gone bust.
Pontoon card game is a fun and exciting game that can be enjoyed by players of all skill levels. It is a great way to test your luck and strategy.
Overall, Pontoon is a more player-friendly version of Blackjack. It gives players more options and opportunities to win.
How to play Pontoon card game step-by-step for beginners
The dealer deals a card to each player, the gambler looks at their cards then places them face down on the table, indicating the amount of their bet by placing the counter next to them. The gambler examines his cards and bets on them.
When all players have placed their bets, the dealer will deal a second card face down. The dealer deals out the second card to all players.
The dealer takes turns talking to players who complete their hand. Now the dealer speaks to each punter in turn. Punters have three options and a possible fourth option as follows:
- Bettors with a total score of 16 or more will choose not to deal additional cards. If the hand is a Pontoon, the Ace is turned face down to indicate this.
- The bettor chooses to receive the third card. If the cards along with the two hidden cards total more than 21, the bettor will lose. Punters notice this; The dealer takes the punter’s cards and places them at the bottom of the pack, then appropriates the bettor’s bet. If 21 points are not exceeded, the bettor can choose to receive additional cards in the same manner until satisfied or the 21 point mark is exceeded, just like in blackjack.
- The gambler chooses to receive one card face down. To get this privilege, the punter must bet again but not more than the original bet.
- If a bettor has four cards and chooses the fifth card in an attempt to complete a five-card combination under the 21 point mark, that card is dealt face up. However, if the first four cards have a total score of 11 or less, they win the dealer for sure.
- The bettor who receives the first two cards of the same rank can choose to split them – to form two separate hands, with one card in each hand. A bet amount equal to that placed on the first card will be placed on the second card and the dealer will deal another card to each hand.
When all bettors have been seated, the dealer’s hand is turned over. The dealer is free to add face-up cards to it, stopping when satisfied or 21 points exceeded.
The dealer pays out to all bettors whose hands beat the dealer’s score, matches the bettors’ bets, and collects the bets of the losing bettors.
How to compare hand combinations in Pontoon at W88
You need two or more cards that total 21 (ideally an ace and a ten, called a pontoon) but above 15 and as close to 21 as possible:
Pontoon appears when you have two cards in your hand that add up to 21 points with an Ace card and a face card (Jack, Queen or King) or 10. This is the highest scoring combination in Pontoon, like in Blackjack.
- The next strongest card combination is 5 cards that score 21 points or less.
- The next highest hand is 3 or 4 cards with a total score of 21.
- Then the card combinations have decreasing values based on the total score of the cards.
- Hands exceeding 21 are considered lost to the dealer and are worthless.
Dealer of W88 can often guess the total score of some players from the cards they have turned over. Therefore, the simplest advice for Pontoon players is to try to beat the dealer’s score if possible.
However, as a punter, you have the advantage of being able to scale your bets and you only need to increase the initial bet amount when the prospects look good.