Blackjack is a game for those who know how to manage money and follow strict Blackjack hand ranking rules. The how to play Blackjack is quite simple, but requires players to be flexible in tactics and practice skills to handle many different situations on the table. And you also have to understand hand ratings to play confidently and efficiently on W88.
Blackjack Scoring Rules
The Blackjack card game on W88 is scored according to the rules:
- Cards from 2 to 10, calculated according to the numeric value on the card.
- Cards with pictures of J, Q, and K are worth 10 points.
- In Particular, card A is equal to 1 or 11 points, depending on the actual situation of the game so that it is most beneficial.
The player who has the first 2 cards in his hand including 1 card A and 1 of the cards 10, J, Q, K will immediately get Blackjack. Blackjack score results do not depend on suit.
Blackjack hand rankings on W88
The hands in blackjack are arranged in order from highest to lowest. Keep an eye on the blackjack hand rankings for your winning chances below.
- 1st, Two Aces (Ace-Ace) of hearts
- 2nd, Blackjack, which consists of any Ace with any face card or a ten
- 3rd, Two Aces of Hearts after split
- 4th, Ace-Face or 10 after split
- 5th, Any combination of cards that total 21
- 6th, Any combination of cards that total 20
- 7th, Any combination of cards that total 19
- 8th, Any combination of cards that total 18
- 9th, Any combination of cards that total 17
- 10th, Any combination of cards that total 16
- 11th, Any combination of cards that total 15
- 12th, Any combination of cards that total 14
- 13th, Any combination of cards that total 13
- 14th, Any combination of cards that total 12
For ranks 1 to 4, after the player owns that hand, he compares the cards with the dealer to decide whether to win or lose, not wait for more cards to be drawn.
Hard hands and soft hands
Contrary to what many people think, how to play blackjack not only depends on luck but also a sophisticated strategy of the player and the house in each brainstorming game.
Hard Hand: The first two cards drawn have no Aces.
- If the player’s score is less than or equal to 8 – always draw more cards.
- If the score from 9-11 can choose to double depending on each specific case. If the score is 12, only choose to draw more cards if the dealer has 2 or 3, or choose to stand if the dealer has 4 or 6.
- For a score of 13-16, if the dealer has a card from 2 to 6, from 17 -21 players should only choose a stand.
Soft Hand: The initial hand is dealt with Ace.
- If the player has an Ace 2 or an Ace 3, they should double if the dealer has a 5 or 6, otherwise they should hit.
- If there is an Ace 4 or Ace 5, double if the dealer has 4-6. If the player has an Ace 6, double if the dealer has 5-6.
- If the player has Ace 7, stand if the dealer has 2, 7 or 8, double if the dealer has 3-6.
If the player has an Ace 8 or an Ace 9, always choose a stand.
Strategies to use the Blackjack hand ranking effectively
Special cases with a score of 16. If the player’s hand is two 8 cards, the player should split the cards to have a higher chance of winning.
If the player has a total of 12 to 16, the dealer has 2 to 6, then discards, but if the dealer has 7 or more, or an Ace, the player should draw more cards.
Beyond 16 points, players will always choose to stop cards to limit losses.
Dr Pepper Rule: When the cards in your hand total 12 and the dealer has 4. Now your odds of winning if you stop are 40% and 39% if you draw more cards. Basically, this rule says that if you have 10 and 2 and the dealer has 4, always choose to draw more cards.
Use more than one Betting System to maximize hand strength. Applying a sound blackjack strategy is paramount to winning. Depending on each specific situation on the table and your own way of playing, you will have enough data to make a decision.
Hopefully, the sharing of hand ratings in Blackjack from the experts of the W88 Casino has helped you to be more confident. Know how to combine cards to get strong blackjack hand rankings.